My parents have been here all week and so I have not been a very good blogger. Last week Amelia had a couple of very bad days and I felt myself getting a bit depressed and didn't feel in the mood to write. Things have been much better since that point when it looked like she might go back on the vent. That was a week and a half ago and I think we are no longer in danger of going back on the breathing machine.
While my parents were here, Grammy got to hold Amelia twice! And Aunt Marian came into town this weekend and got to hold her for a very long time. Both of them did very well with her and she really seemed to enjoy meeting her family. She smiled at Grammy a lot and had her eyes fixed on Aunt Marian. She probably thought she was me. Everyone thinks we are twins, so Amelia is probably no exception.
It took Amelia a while to get used to the head gear, but now I think she is used to her new rig and is settling in nicely. I am usually opposed to putting bows on bald babies heads, but I thought adding a little velcro bow or florette to her CPAP might add a little something to that hideous contraption. The NNP told Todd last night that if Amelia is getting enriched oxygen in below 50 (so the 40s) and lower that she will be weaned! They are being very aggressive about it. She is supposed to be weaned down to CPAP 8 this afternoon.
Her blood pressure has been a bit high so they are ordering up a renal ultrasound for her. They don't think they ar really going to find anything, but just want to cover all the bases. Sometimes when babies are on enriched feeds for extended period of time, some calcification can happen...sounds like kidney stones to me, but I didn't ask that directly (I did, and that is the reason -TAB). Also she was monitored for acid reflux with a Ph probe the other day for 24 hours and we are waiting for the results of that test today.
All in all she is weaning and the news is positive. We have been hearing Labor Day batted around as a possible going home date. I cannot believe we could possibly have our baby home in a month. We better get moving on the nursery!
4 comments:
WOW! So glad to see the amazing progress Amelia has made! And the pics yesterday of her beautiful, unobstructed face were terrific. Things are really, really looking up for all of you, and we couldn't be happier. xo, Michelle & Mark
What a wonderful thought...taking that baby HOME!!
Awwww the "H - O - M - E " word! Prayers answered ! Another of God's little miracle babies.
Vickie Cross
What wonderful news!!! So happy for you all. Wow, she will be home soon (((((((Amelia))))). K
Post a Comment