Amelia's eye exam went well today. Her ROP is stable for the third week in a row. It has not resolved itself and healed yet, but it has not advanced either. This weekend she will be 40 weeks old -- full term if she had still been in utero. The fact that she has made it this far without the disease progressing is a good sign. Still not out of the woods yet, but very likely she is going to go by unscathed!
Tomorrow morning at 8:00am is try #2 for extubation. We know this is the one that is going to take. She rarely desatted today and if she has a blood gas in her normal range it will be forward ho. Nurse Jacqui will be there to supervise. We know she won't let her fail.
I have been using Skype (a video/telephone conference tool over the Internet) to talk to Aunt Marian and have her virtually visit the baby. I put the webcam on the baby and she can look at her do all her cute baby things...usually drooling, yawning or sleeping. She gets to hear first hand about what we are learning in the NICU. Isn't technology wonderful?
I am waiting to hear from Todd what her weight is tonight. I will update the blog when I find out.
1 comment:
Dear Christina,
I can't begin to tell you how great the news of Amelia's eye exam. I know with all my heart that Amelia is being loved into good health. She has many family, friends, acquaintances, blog watchers and prayer groups watching over and praying for her every step of her way. Tomorrow is the day she will be on her own (for breathing) but not without all of us tagging behind, lifting her up with our prayers. We will not leave her side.
Her original due date of the 11th of July is less than one week away, and had she been born on or near it, she would have been but another baby that came in the usual way. She is and will continue to be an exceptional child. Starting with having you and Todd for parents to being named for the Matriarch of the Cannon family (Amelia Elizabeth Cannon Jones who I am certain is watching over her namesake), she is bound to be a beautiful, witty, and encourageable little stinkertail that we won't be able to say "no" to. She is and will continue to be special to ALL of us.
I am counting down the days. Love MOM/Grammy
Post a Comment