She is totally zonked out.
Sleeping Beauty with her finger puppets, but they look like normal size stuffed animals next to her.
She is oblivious to her new mobile spinning above her. She has been having more awake moments and the nurse thought it would be good to have something stimulate her visually.
Today's ensemble theme is hearts. She is sleeping on a heart sheet with a heart blanket, wearing a outfit with hearts all over it. The outfit has a heart shaped patch on the rear end that says "I love you!"
Amelia has had a decent day today. They weaned her once on her vent, though her gas was not great; they're just staying aggressive on her. She's reacted well tonight on it; they will have more labs after midnight to check all kinds of things and see how she has taken to her current settings. At the moment, her pressures are akin to what they were when they tried to put her on the CPAP, only her breaths per minute are higher right now. They will continue to try and get that down, which, judging by the last couple of days, will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday. Whether or not they try the CPAP then, we don't know. But it's getting rather critical they get her there soon.
Tonight, she is 43cm - 17inches, and 2090grams - 4lbs 9ozs.
Though the blog title is Sleeping Beauty, Amelia is staying awake a lot more these day, so PN Jacqui (that's primary nurse) suggested we get a mobile for her bed. Which Xina promptly did. It's real cute. It plays music, has nature noises and a heartbeat, turns automatically, and has a disco light which shines on the animals. Amelia loves it. During the day, Xina had her in her bouncy seat and she was as calm as can be (Amelia, not Xina... Xina is never calm), looking around and taking things in (again, Amelia, not Xina... when Xina looks around, it means she's talking, not taking things in). Tonight, she was awake for a little over 2hrs, listening and watching the mobile, singing, and playing patty cake. Okay, maybe I was doing the singing and more of the high fiving than she was, but she didn't cry, so I guess she liked it.... she would have participated if she could have... We're coming up on real birth time frame, so I guess it's not suprising that she's bright eyed more often... it's just so odd to watch things develop. I guess it's like any other baby, it's fascinating to see new things... we just got to watch a few months more than most.
4 comments:
Grammy says " P Recious"
She's so beautiful! And she has really grown! I'm so proud for you. What a precious gift! I continuously keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. She will come through with flying colors - I know it!
She is looking mighty sassy in that outfit!!!! So glad she progressing more consistently as she grows…43 cms, wow!!!!!
look at those plump little cheeks! When she gets a little older and can tolerate it, I will probably become the annoying aunt that pinches her cheeks.
Post a Comment