Sunday, July 26, 2009

Nightime News Bulletin

Nothing too exciting to update. Todd and I went up to see Amelia this afternoon. She had stretches where she was awake and showing her cute personality. I kiss on her hands and face and give her exaggerated faces and she loves it. She stares at me very intently. Grandad came up after his show and we had a nice visit with him.

Afterwards, Todd and I stopped at Target and looked in the baby department. Some onsies I had my eye on were on clearance and I got the last one. They are cowgirl themed. I am really hoping we can get her up the Fredricksburg ranch sometime while she can still fit in them...not likely, but she is a Texan so she needs some cowgirl flair. Now all she needs is a pair of pink boots and maybe a wee little cowgirl hat!

I just called her night time primary, Erica and she weighs 5 lbs. 15 oz. for the second day in a row. Just a hair away from 6 lbs.! I knew she was really filling out those preemie outfits. Erica gave Amelia a bath and cleaned out her ears and gave her scalp a good scrub with some good smelling baby bath and lotion. Mmmm. Don't you just love that clean baby smell?

Her oxygen requirement has been about 55% today. Hopefully we can make some progress on weaning her down into the low 50s...this may encourage the doctors to start weaning her pressure again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I had only known about the boots and hat! I just returned from FB. Next week, however, may be the chance to really make her "Texan". Maybe I can find a "doll" cowboy hat and boots! ha! (Should she want a 10 gal. one?) I have a Dale Evans watch that she could use as a belt! Can't wait to see her again! Kiss the cowgirl princess for me! As always my friends send their good wishes and prayers to Amelia and to you both. I'm just thankful she had a good Sunday! Grandma B

glenna said...

Dear T&C,
Nothing in the world like the new baby smell--gets me every time.

And what about that weight? Is that for real? She better slow down or she'll be so big you'll need a wheel barrow to tote her around in! (Yes, I finally used one(!!!)). Love MOM

Post a Comment