Amelia's first puppet show. It was from the absurdist style of theatre. There was no standing ovation.

"Puh-lease mommy, you are embarrassing me!" She thought the production was a bit on the amateur side.
As Maria said her in her blog comment...hopefully this will be the beginning of Amelia finally declaring her independence from the vent! She has had two very good blood gases today. We just got back from the hospital and she was down to 31% oxygen...I don't recall the last time she was that low on her requirement.
I got to hold her and she was awake for about twenty minutes. I did a little puppet show for her with her finger puppets, we sang songs and I talked to her. It was all too much I guess because she fell into a deep sleep after that. Or maybe she was just bored by it all.
Hopefully these steroids are exactly what she needs. So far I have been pretty impressed with the progress she has made. She will be on a course of dexamethasone for 10 days. If all goes well, she should be off the vent before the end of the course. The doctor said he would consider a second course if they helped enough to where she was close, but needed a little more to give her the final push.
Her next blood gas is right now! Keep up the prayers. They are working!
"Puh-lease mommy, you are embarrassing me!" She thought the production was a bit on the amateur side.
As Maria said her in her blog comment...hopefully this will be the beginning of Amelia finally declaring her independence from the vent! She has had two very good blood gases today. We just got back from the hospital and she was down to 31% oxygen...I don't recall the last time she was that low on her requirement.
I got to hold her and she was awake for about twenty minutes. I did a little puppet show for her with her finger puppets, we sang songs and I talked to her. It was all too much I guess because she fell into a deep sleep after that. Or maybe she was just bored by it all.
Hopefully these steroids are exactly what she needs. So far I have been pretty impressed with the progress she has made. She will be on a course of dexamethasone for 10 days. If all goes well, she should be off the vent before the end of the course. The doctor said he would consider a second course if they helped enough to where she was close, but needed a little more to give her the final push.
Her next blood gas is right now! Keep up the prayers. They are working!
1 comment:
That is the sweetest little face!!! I love her "talk to the hand" pose. Good news - hope more is on the way! Marie Grip
Post a Comment