Saturday, June 27, 2009

What Big Eyes You Have, Dear.






She looks big here, huh? If you watch it all, you'll get a little better perspective of how small she still is. The music is drowned out by the alarms and bells and whistles. You can understand why she can now sleep through about anything.

Amelia was fine today, without anything new to report. She weighed in at 1775grams, a little more than last night. She sleep well today, other that during the time I shot the video and a little afterwards.

Xina is trying to finish two projects before Monday morning, so I was at the NICU alone, and got to hold her for a couple of hours. Afterwards, we put her back in bed to ready for her feed, and she was de-satting a lot.. abnormally, even for her. And she was wide awake suddenly. Both So I checked the diaper - and found the source of her discomfort. A doozie in her diaper which went up her back, out the sides of her diaper and onto her outfit. Poor girl... I was stumbling around trying to clean her up, and not doing it very quickly, so Amelia started major desats... it was about that time when the nurse realized how bad it was, and that maybe she should take over. Even with her changing skills she couldn't stop Amelia from tanking. She had to be bagged twice and suctioned out several times. The bagging isn't as traumatic to us as it was the first few times around... it's just a quicker way for the nurses to gets the babies' sats up than waiting on their normal resiliency.

After the trauma/drama, Amelia was a much happier camper and was awake enough for me to take the pictures and video. We had the shift change in the middle of her wakefulness, and it was hard to leave. She lasted for another 25 minutes or so, but by the time I got back, she was finally asleep peacefully.

The black/silver thing in the upper left hand corner of the crib is the iPod speaker (thank you Grammy C) Xina and I set up today to play Baby Genius and Baby Einsteins CDs (thank you sister-in-law-sister-in-law) (Children's songs and classical music played by a midi...). I also added some "real" Mozart, Tchaikovsky, & Beethoven.) She loved it all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely adorable. What a sweet video. Marie Grip

Anonymous said...

I love the video. She does look so big until Todd's hand enters the picture. What a different perspective that gives you. Hope you are getting through your work this weekend! Take care, Cathlynn

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful and it is wonderful to see her all snuggled in! I wish that we could hug you all. Marie P.

Edie said...

Aww love the video! She's precious. She really is tiny but she looks good! And what beautiful eyes...

glenna said...

Oh Amelia, Grammy got a knot in her heart when she saw that video of you. So much has changed since last I saw you with so much more to come--just to get you home. Many family, friends, acquaintances, and blog watchers are openly amazed at your progress, and celebrate your accomplishments with us daily. Right now this blog is the only way we have to see you and I am counting the days when we will be with you.

Thank you Jen for sending the Einstein and Genius CD's for her listening pleasure. With that little IPOD speaker, Christina and Todd can also tape normal household noises with the dogs, their voices, songs sung just for her, the reading of stories, etc that can be played for her while they are not with her. She will have the opportunity to be familiar with her household before she actually becomes a permanent part of it.

Keep up your progress Amelia, and God Bless your Physicians, Nursing Staff, Mommy and Daddy.

Post a Comment