She went down to 25 on her pressure last night and handled it very well. She had a blood gas of 60 on her CO2! The doctors round today from 9:00-12:00 so they will determine how they will wean her for tonight. With a gas that stellar, it should be brought down by 2. So maybe weaning her to 23 at midnight? I am giddy thinking it could be true.
My next pressing concern in addition to weaning her off the vent, is her nutrition. She weighed 1450 grams last night. She hasn't gained any weight over a week and a half. She has been going up and down by 20 or 30 grams every day. They don't want to increase the volume because she still has fluid on her lungs and it will make it that much harder for her to get rid of the bad fluids. Again, I suspect they will fortify her milk with additional calories to see if that helps.
They measured her length last night at 15 3/4 inches. She has been wearing a hat the last week or so, but when I saw her yesterday they had removed it. She used to just have hair on the back side of her head, but it is coming in nicely in the front now, too. And I think it is brown. We have been having a blond or brunette debate, but I think her hair is going to be more like mine. Eye color is still a mystery.
As always, I will post again when I get answers to all my questions and confirmations to all my suspicions. And tonight I will remember my durn camera so I can supply pictures of Amelia in her latest costume change.
No comments:
Post a Comment