On her tummy. This is what she likes best.
Todd got some good holding time in with his daughter on his first Father's Day.
Here is her crocheted flapper hat. Suits her, I think. A volunteer crocheted a bunch of caps for all the babies in the NICU.
Todd's first Father's Day was hard. We want her home so badly, but the best we can do is go down and see her at the hospital and then leave her behind. I broke down a little when we went to Church and Todd was upset a little later when a Daddy movie marathon came on TV. She is getting stronger and cuter by the day and that encourages us and keeps us going. All of our sadness melts away when we get to see her. Todd held her for several hours and read to her from her new Mother Goose Golden Book. I got to change a diaper! Who got the better end of that deal?
She was up and down the entire time and finally our primary nurse thought it would be best to put her back in the isolette on her tummy. She had lots of back time yesterday which is good for straightening out the shape of her head.
Amelia is up to 31mL on her feeds, so they have increased the volume a bit to adjust to her growing body weight. As far as I know, we are still on for removal of the tube, but I will call this morning just to make sure. Our primary nurse Jacqui is already preparing us for when Amelia will be stepped down to NICU Level II and she will no longer be our nurse. We love her nurse so much, we don't want to see this happen, but we know it is enevitable and a sign of real progress. Jacqui already has a nurse in mind for us as a primary that will match Todd and my needs. I think this is code for "high maintenance" parents.
1 comment:
Y'all are truly incredible!!
Post a Comment