Friday, June 12, 2009

Weighty Matters


Amelia sucks on her pacifier. The pacifier is specially made to go around all the wires and tubes in a preemie's mouth.

Amelia has finally broken the 1500 gram barrier for the second day in a row. I beleive she was 1550 last night, which is a 10 gram increase...bringing her weight to 3 lbs. 6 oz. She is up to 29 mL on her feeds and they upped her calories by another 3 by fortifying it some more.

I called to get her blood gas this morning and it wasn't good. Her CO2 was 87. They have not rounded yet give us the scoop on what the plan to do or not do because of her blood gas. I am hoping they will just let her try to work through this pressure and then retest her blood gas later in the day to see if she has acclimated to it. What I really don't want to happen is to see them put her back up on the other pressure.

In other news, our old podmate has been transferred into our pod. I am sure Nathan and Amelia were giving each other mental high fives when he was wheeled in. Now we can keep tabs on each other without having to exchange to meet up in the Ronald McDonald House.

No comments:

Post a Comment