Saturday, June 6, 2009

It's No Fix, She's at 26!

If you have been paying attention you will notice I didn't need to rhyme with the word 27, because she is skipping over it and down to 26 at midnight tonight when they adjust her ventilator. Her CO2 on her 8:00am blood gas was at 63. We hope she can continue on this pace...she will be off the vent and on to CPAP before we know it. In my excitement I forgot to ask the nurse what her weigh came in at on her last assessment. She has been hovering around 1450-1480kg for the last week. I hope that she has gained some weight. I want her to break the 1500 barrier.

On a personal note, I did my second extensive grocery shopping trip since the baby has been born (over 9 weeks ago). We have been living off the dollar menu at Wendy's and McDonald's for a while, with an occasional sit down place like Red Lobster thrown in. I am soooooo sick of it. Now that things seems to be less manic around here, I am going to try to have some home cooked meals. When I say home cooked, I mean opening bags and boiling or microwaving things -- but still more economical, nutritional and tasty than fast food. I just made Todd a ham sandwich served with baked Lays and some girl scout cookies. I think I need a nap after whipping up that delicacy!

In typical Christina and Todd fashion, we seem to have misplaced the batteries to both cameras the other day. I found one of them, so hopefully I will be able to take some pictures tonight to put on the blog. Now that she has clothes on you can tell that the days are different on the pictures. That reminds me...off to do some baby laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment