Last night when I got home I discovered Todd had started putting together the baby bed. It still needs one side put up and we think a bolt may be missing. We will sort it out. Now I need to get a mattress. I have one identified that I think will be good for Amelia.
Now that Amelia is in a regular bed and needing to maintain body temperature, we need to put her in warmer clothes. I am bringing in some thin flannel blankets I have been giving as gift and we will use those as her bed linens. Also, I will be bringing in some regular size preemie outfits and hopefully they won'e be too terribly big on her. Before we have been putting her in onsies and shirts, but these outfits cover her legs. Also I have some socks to keep her feet warm, but they look so big for her tiny feet -- even though they are newborn size. Lastly, I have the soothing sounds lamb from Clemm and Jamie that I am going to put in her crib. I think hearing womb sounds will be a lot more comforting than the bells and beeps of the NICU monitors.
I called this morning and got Amelia's blood gas. It was 75 for the CO2. This is perfectly acceptable considering the fact that her rate was adjusted from 18 to 15 yesterday. I am assuming they will just let her ride this out until tomorrow's blood gas. If it is in the 60s tomorrow they will probably wean her on something else at that time. My guess is that maybe next week when one of her primaries is on duty, they will try extubation again.
2 comments:
Whew! she seems to be moving right along! Amelia is down to 15 on her vent and I think once she gets comfortable on the setting they WILL extubate. We are standing beside you every step of the way. Love Grammy
15 is the breaths per minute -- not the pressure. Her pressure is flucutating based on her needs. But 15 BPM is very minimal and means she is doing most of the work on her own.
Post a Comment