OK, so they redid her blood gas and this time it was 68 for her CO2. Suctioning makes a huge difference! Her night nurse said she did it, but Patsy is very aggressive with it and it has always benefitted Amelia. Anyway, based on this new result, the turned her rate down from 18 to 15.
I got to hold her for a couple hours today and they did her feeding during that time. After a while I begin to relax and she Amelia started to fold like an accordian and I had to reposition her to get her head back where she can breath. I guess I jostled her too much because she threw up quite a bit. We had to change her clothes. Also as I was holding her she sounded like she had an outboard motor rumbling down below. I was prepared for a nice stinky diaper, but I guess it was just gas. Poor thing is going to inherit her mommy's tummy troubles!
She was awake for a good 45 minutes while I was holding her. Now she is sawing logs in her crib. She is covered by her new warm cowgirl blankie. Yee haw!
Quick update : she weighed 3lbs 15ozs... 1790g tonight - a gain of about 45grams today. I'm wonder if she can actually get to the 4lb mark tomorrow. Wow... that would be wondermous.
1 comment:
Is that one comment from the Kim Calvert, the one we know and love that rests at times, in the little log cabin on the top of the hill from the 4B? Thank you for your words of confidence about our new Amelia's doctor. Your prayers have been ongoing from the whole family and words can not express our thanks for your kindnesses. Hope we see you next month.
Love to all in the NICU! GMom Banker
Post a Comment