Amelia Elizabeth was born on April 2, 2009 at 12:08 am. She finally made it home after a NICU stay of 335 days. We are so happy to finally be together as a family. Amelia has grown to be a very happy, joyful and social baby. We are thankful for all the people that worked together with Amelia to bring her home safely. Now the fun begins!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Marching Forward
Evening update. I went to the pod to visit Amelia this afternoon and only got about half an hour with her before they kicked me out to do surgery on another baby. I was waiting for a couple hours and then found out it was going to be several more, so I left. Tomorrow is another day. While I was there I learned they upped her feeds to 24mL . She also had a good blood gas and they weaned her down to 33 on her vent pressure setting. They had to put her rate up to 30 BPM and her oxygen was in the upper 50s and lower 60s. When they lower her pressure, they up the other things. If she has another good blood gas I am sure they will turn down the rate. Lowering the pressure is the most important advancement, but she seems to be very sensative to this adjustment, so they don't want to rush her. She lost some more body weight. She was 1350 at her last weigh in.
No comments:
Post a Comment