Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's Premonday

I have decided - unilaterally - that the seventh day of the week in the Banker household is now called Premonday, since Amelia has made it evident the last 5 Su---ys she doesn't care for this day much. (I was also thinking of Resaturday, but I like the idea of moving forward). So we've decided not to let her know what day day it is.

So, it's Premonday, and Xina is kangarooing at the moment. (I know I had said that I was going to force my way into the next kangaroo, but how can I deny my wife when she looks at me with that excitement?) If you're basing Amelia's current status on the fact she's stable enough to k-roo, you'd be right.

She's still pretty swollen and having some issues getting enough urine out. They went up on her dopamine intake, and that seems to be helping; she is peeing pretty good. Good enough that her outtake is even with her total intake. (She lost 10grams over the night). Her breathing needs have decreased dramatically over the last 3 days... she's at 37bpm, her pressure ranges around 31, and her O2 needs are around 70% and below. All are good numbers for her. They've put her on a new ventilator which is a little more sensitive to her needs. It allows her to take breaths on her own if she can, and makes up for what she's lacking. She's still a sick little girl, we know, but the progress she has made the last several days is encouraging.

Yesterday I was sick, so Xina made her first trip to the NICU own by herself (she gave me whatever she had the other day). But we're up here together today on Premonday. They're changing out isolettes and giving her a clean one. They usually do it every month, but Amelia's been so ill they haven't had a chance. But our primary thought it would be a good chance while Xina is k-rooing.

And that's about all I can think of to report in my allergy ridden, sinus headachy status.

I hope everyone has a nice Premonday evening.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Premonday to you guys, too! Glad to hear that Amelia is on the upswing and hope you are as well. You are such a great team and we're thinking of you as always.

Love, The Gaylers

Anonymous said...

Actually, correctly speaking, Premonday is the the first day of the week, not the seventh. But whichever it is in the lineup of days, I hope the renaming of it works for Amelia. Keep up the forward progress!!

Xinathebigsister said...

This is a test to see if the comments section works.

Jolie and Robert said...

I have always hated Su...ys too. PreMonday works for me! So glad to hear she's stable and progressing. Had my foot surgery and am on crutches and off the pain meds as of today. so back online and lucid eager to read more news. Take care you guys.

Post a Comment