Amelia Elizabeth was born on April 2, 2009 at 12:08 am. She finally made it home after a NICU stay of 335 days. We are so happy to finally be together as a family. Amelia has grown to be a very happy, joyful and social baby. We are thankful for all the people that worked together with Amelia to bring her home safely. Now the fun begins!
Sunday, May 24, 2009
All's Well That Ends Well...
It is still officially Sunday. I just called Amelia's nurse for an update. I could tell by the enthusiasm in her voice when I called that it had to be good news. She had a very good blood gas with a CO2 in the 40s. They have weaned her rate from 45 to 40 BPM. This is a pretty big change in one swoop, so they will be giving her another blood gas in a couple hours to make sure she is doing OK with that. She has not resumed feeds, but hopefully after rounds tomorrow they will put her back on them. She is currently sat'ing in the 90s, resting on her left side and has good urine output. She currently weighs 1480. I think they measure her length tomorrow so I can update that later. I think I can relax and go to sleep now. -xina
1 comment:
Wonderful news! Been praying extra hard today after the first blog. Get some sleep! Marie Grip
Post a Comment