Amelia has had a busy day wetting her diapers. Yesterday she weighed well over three pounds and today she is 2 lbs. 12 oz.! I never thought I would be so excited for her to lose weight. We will see her this afternoon, but I am told she looks so much better. The edema is almost gone.
In other medical accomplishments, she is coming off of morphine and dopamine today. She is down to two antibiotics for her bacterial infection and her TPN line for her nutrients. She is on 50% oxygen --- I can't remember last time she was that low.
She will be having a spinal tap this afternoon to help determine they type of bacterial infection she has and to rule out menengitis. Other than the growth in the blood culture, she doesn't show signs of an infection. They will continue to take samples and let them grow to make sure they have combatted the infection.
She has another blood gas around 4:00. If it is really good, they may go down on her settings again.
3 comments:
What a rollercoaster this is for you, and for Amelia. I'm praying that they rule out the meningitis, and that any infection is well under control. Hooray for wet diapers! Marie Grip
Yeah! what good news. I must say I perfer this report to your prior one. Jason and I will have our fingers crossed that it is a contaminent and that they rule out meningitis. Todd, Amelia, your families, and yourself are showing remarkable strength. Our prayers are with you all. Susan Jones
Yaaaay wet diapers! Go Amelia (and I mean that most sincerely!) Sounds like she's doing very well, this is all pretty good news, baby steps, right? Much love to you all ((((((((())))) Kay/Edie
Post a Comment