Even more progress made by our Awesome Amelia. She has probably urinated another ounce of fluid out. She still looks puffy because she is taking in more than she is putting out, but the balance should soon shift in the opposite direction.
When we came in we found the her pressure has been brought down from 34 to 32. She is on 40 breaths per minute and oxygen mix is at 71%. She has been taken off of all blood pressure meds and they are talking about taking her off of the dopamine which they put her on to help her urinate. She is on an antibiotic just as a preventative measure and they are going to take her off of that tomorrow if the blood culture comes back negative. She is still on morphine, but they are going to take her off of that too and only give her some if they feel she needs it. Once she is off the morphine, they are going to start feeding her breast milk again -- and then she can grow!
Her doctor says she is doing really well and is very pleased.
6 comments:
So very happy to read your good news. Keep it up baby Amelia! Will be keeping you all in our prayers.
Vickie Cross
(Kathy Wimberly's mom)
It brings tears for me to read your great news today. There are no words to describe the anguish and great joy that you and Todd must be expereincing. I pray that you are finally getting past the worst of it. I know that Meg is pulling strings for you.
Way to go, Awesome Amelia! She is such a fighter.
I'm so delighted to hear your good news! Marie Grip
I knew she could do it. I'm so happy that she has turned the corner after her surgery. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she continues to improve every day.
What wonderful news. She is such a fighter! What a miracle baby! Susan Jones
Post a Comment