It is noon fifteen and we are still waiting on Amelia to have her surgery. I am getting pretty frustrated. They said it would be some time this afternoon. I am fully prepared for us to stay another night here because they have decided to bump her to another day.
They have turned up the pressure on her respirator again, they have her oxygen mix up pretty high, she is on 60 breaths per minute and she is currently laying on her tummy. She is sleeping peacefully right now.
UPDATE 1:25 PM: The surgeon just came in to apologize for the wait. We had very severe weather here and many freeways and streets were flooded this morning. Schools were cancelled and the night shift who usually leaves at 6:30 am was told to stay until further notice. Long story short, they were short many anesthesiologists who had trouble making it in to the hopital this morning and it set surgery schedules back. They also had two emegency appendectomies and something else I couldn't understand -- someone who might die of sepsis? It was nice that he came by to explain the situation. Anyway he says it is going to be in the next hour or two. We shall see. I will keep you all posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment