The nurse suggested this shot of her wearing my engagement ring, so you can see how tiny her hands are.
Here is the first diaper change I gave Amelia.
Amelia is still on the oscillator and she is stable. They have begun her on a round of steroids. She will get three doses, 24 hours apart. She got the first dose tonight. The goal of the steroids is to get her off the oscillator. They said it will also help her body get rid of the fluid in her lungs and the rest of the body, which is causing her edema.
They also gave her some breast milk. They said they want there to only be 30% of the total feeding remaining in her tummy before they give her more (usually they try to feed her a little bit every three hours) but she hadn't gotten rid of any of it yet, so they are holding off on feeding her again.
She has been pretty restful since we have been here. Her oxygen levels seem to drop whenever she is over stimulated so we haven't been touching her too much tonight. We will probably read our book selection tonight: Town Mouse, Country Mouse.
We had a visit from Cousin D and her daughter EA tonight. I love it when visitors come and I can show off the baby!
5 comments:
This is my favorite little golden book!
Grandma Banker says the original PDA meant PRETTY DARN AWESOME" that this precious Amelia is doing so good and continuing to show her parents she is determined....as most Bankers and Cannons are!!! Watch out! Love and kisses
Oh God! I didn't realize how tiny she really was until these pictures. What a miracle that someone so tiny can be complete! God is with her. I know it in my heart.
May I suggest The Little Engine That Could!
Love You!
We loved visiting with Amelia. EA was so impressed and amazed. What a doll. She can't wait to babysit! BTW, we highly recommend "Goodnight moon" Love, D and EA
Thank you for taking the time to give us all updates! Amelia is so precious! You can imagine my surprise returning from Mexico last week to find pictures from Elizabeth of you and the baby! What a shocker! I am pleased to see that you, Todd, and Amelia are progressing each day. You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Love,
annie
Post a Comment