We decided to come home yesterday afternoon. I was extremely fatigued and just needed some rest. I think I was bouyed by adreneline for the last couple days and now the hormones and tiredness are really setting in. I think the idea of living away from home for months has lost its appeal and I think we are just going to try to commute down there to see Amelia.
We have a number we can call where we can talk to a nurse 24 hours a day and get updates on her progress. Right now we are focused on her ADR -- an artery that in utero babies have between their heart and lungs. It serves a purpose in the womb, but in full term babies, it closes off. She has a "well developed ADR" that is dumping some blood in her lungs. They have cleared most of the blood out, but she will not improve until they can close it off. They are starting her on medication and then will see if it works -- which I think they can evaluate fairly quickly. The medicine has side effects including blood thinning and reduction of kidney function. We are hopeing she tolerates these side effecs well enough that the medication can do its job. However, if the side effects get to be too much, the next resort is surgery. Will keep everyone posted on the ADR situation.
2 comments:
Hey sweetie, OMG she's adorable! What a cutie. She's going to be big and gorgeous and healthy in no time. Thanks so much for allowing me into your blog, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers, and in my heart. Miss Amelia has the prayers of many here in NC. Love you, Kay (Edie)
Christina, she is gorgeous like her mama. I am riveted to every word you are writing, keep it coming! Can't wait to meet baby girl in person someday soon. love you guys, From Jolie et al.
Post a Comment