I updated the blog yesterday but right as I hit send my Internet connection went down for about 8 hours. Dang contraption! I will see if I can recapture my original wit and prose.
Amelia is on CPAP of 4 and has been for several days. We are trying to sustain her fiO2 in the 40s before they will try her on cannula again. She had a ph probe inserted through her nose for 24 hours and it was removed yesterday at 2:00 pm. They weren't going to take her off of CPAP until that was removed.
They have not gotten the results of the probe back yet, but they have decided to thicken her feeds anyway. She is on some formula that is the consistency of pancake batter. If she is refluxing the weight will help keep it down in her tummy.
She has been taken off of all her inhaler treatments and she doesn't get CPT any more. They left the little cup mallet thing they use on her by the bedside so I can use it on her if I feel like. I got tired of patting her on the back one day, so I used it on her back and she loves it. I smacked her with it for a good 15 minutes and she slept peacefully the entire time. Between that and the lotion rub downs and getting her nails trimmed, being in the NICU is just like a day at the spa. Her skin is pefect, so no need for a facial quite yet.
Nurse Jacqui says we need to put a big "S" on the side of her crib for "spoiled." Amelia loves to be patted all the time. We did an experiment. Whenever I patted on her her sats climbed and stayed high. As soon as I would stop, her sats will keep going lower and lower! I would really love it if she could be in her swing. Nurses keep trying with her, but she desats and doesn't stay in it for very long, before they have to take her out.
I think today is the last day for Dr. Khan to be on the case. I am really hoping he will take her off of CPAP today, because who knows what the new criteria for getting off of CPAP will be for the next doctor.
She weighs 10 lbs. 5 oz. and has for a couple days.
2 comments:
Dear C,
Tell Jacqui the letter should be an "R" for ruint. And the prognosis for removing that letter down to the "S" doesn't look good any time soon! (Ruint is a strictly southern term, for the rest of us it is ruined.)
I hope to be one of those giving her the pats soon, for better breaths. Love MOM
Oct.1....I have a "bug" that I don't want to bring to the NICU so I can't see that precious baby. I miss that so much. She was precious the other night when GDad and I were there, by ourselves. She had a sad face and real tears at the beginning, but calmed and watched and listened to GDad and I intently after a while. I wanted so much to pick her up when I saw those tears, but couldn't. I just dabbed them away. I read some nursery rhymes and they weren't a big hit, but she was patient. The nurse needed to bathe and fuss over her, so we left. Hope all is well today! Hugs GMa
Post a Comment