Amelia is going to get an MRI. We thought maybe last night, but it didn't happen so maybe tonight. We won't get the results back for a couple days.
Amelia did great with Patsy yesterday. Her fiO2 was no higher than 55% all day and was as low as the high 40s last night. Constant vigilance and aggressive weaning makes all the difference in the world.
Dr. Nawab says the plan is to get her in the 30s!!!! and then go to nasal cannula (no CPAP 4) which I think is crazy low. Amelia has not been at that fiO2 since birth.
We also had a case worker come in (insurance coordinator) and she mentioned the possibility of transferring Amelia to a hospital closer by...there is a branch of the hospital in our town. I am giddy at the possibility but it really isn't in the best interest of Amelia at this time. She has her doctor and program in place and I would not want a bunch of people working on her that don't know her very well. However, once she gets on nasal cannula she would be moved up to another floor to NICU II and she would have different doctors and nurses anyway, so it may be a consideration at that time. NICU II is where they send kids when they need to learn to feed and do a few other things before they are ready to come home.
Speaking of going home, I am going to Mobile this weekend for my nephew's baptism and to attend a reception for my aunt who has been a nun for 50 years! And my parents have been married 40 years as of yesterday. Lots of celebratory milestones.
I wish Amelia was homeward bound. Hopefully her time will come soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment