Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sick of It

Amelia is sick. Her weird cough continues. They gave her a ton of allbuterol yesterday to try to open her up to breathe better, but it didn't really help. We found out this morning that they have been swabbing her nose and taking blood samples to try to figure out what she has...they had to turn her CPAP up to 6 and her fiO2 is still in the 80s.

She is on a third diuretic called aldactone. I guess the idea is to have the two that are safe for long term use and take away the lasix. She weighed 9 lbs. even last night.

She has PT again today and this time I will be there on time.

2 comments:

Jenny V said...

Amelia is a warrior she will beat anything til the end, here are some words I remember hearing when growing up, by a close friend of my parents:

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
~ Dr. Seuss

Anonymous said...

So sorry that Amelia is having a setback. I hope you find out what's going on, and that it is quickly resolved. We're still praying for Amelia, and for both of you. Marie Grip

Post a Comment