


She was in a really good mood today. She looks so cute when she has a smile on her face.
Amelia got down to 39% on her fiO2 last night and I feel like I am walking on sunshine today. She lasted on 39% until around 10:00 pm and has been in the low 40s the rest of the time. They have not rounded yet, but I am sure they will wean her back to CPAP 7 if not today then tomorrow. They had been weaning her on 70%!
Today is the last day that Amelia's primary primary (as I call her), Jacqui will have her. I called her this morning and she said Amelia got mad at her because she had to readjust her headgear. I could hear her crying over the phone. Her voice and lungs are getting stronger. Jacqui says she made a deal with Amelia, that if she was a good girl she would hold her.
I am so glad to know that she gets touched and loved even when Todd and I are not there. They have volunteers who come around and offer to hold babies, but I don't think Amelia has needed a volunteer to hold her yet. Whether it is grandparents, mommy and daddy or her nurses, she has an overabundent supply of love and caring. I hope she can sense that. Anyway, I think Jacqui is going to miss the bambina, too. We have Amy on deck to work with Miss Priss, but no one can replace Jacqui. We really love her!
On a personal note, I am happy I am motivated. And when I am not working, I am motivated (and happy). Today will be focused on cleaning the kitchen and writing my shower thank you notes. The every day mundane things have been pushed aside for so long, that it seems like such a joy to do them.
Today is the last day that Amelia's primary primary (as I call her), Jacqui will have her. I called her this morning and she said Amelia got mad at her because she had to readjust her headgear. I could hear her crying over the phone. Her voice and lungs are getting stronger. Jacqui says she made a deal with Amelia, that if she was a good girl she would hold her.
I am so glad to know that she gets touched and loved even when Todd and I are not there. They have volunteers who come around and offer to hold babies, but I don't think Amelia has needed a volunteer to hold her yet. Whether it is grandparents, mommy and daddy or her nurses, she has an overabundent supply of love and caring. I hope she can sense that. Anyway, I think Jacqui is going to miss the bambina, too. We have Amy on deck to work with Miss Priss, but no one can replace Jacqui. We really love her!
On a personal note, I am happy I am motivated. And when I am not working, I am motivated (and happy). Today will be focused on cleaning the kitchen and writing my shower thank you notes. The every day mundane things have been pushed aside for so long, that it seems like such a joy to do them.
8 comments:
Thanks for sharing the sunshine!! Amelia has lits of people who love her and care for her. Don't forget that's because we all love you and Todd!
XXO
Elizabeth
Wow, I missed the blog just for the weekend and it seems Amelia has beentaking leaps at a time. One small step for mankind, one giant leap for Amelia! Thanks for sharing all these precios moments from your lives.
Dear T&C,
Wow, talk about an about face. On Thursday (when my old Acer laptop was still working and before that ugly incident on Friday night) when last I checked, Amelia was still on her up and down mode. And this morning I got the chance to play catch up and find the most beautiful, alert, and bright eyed baby looking back at me. What a gift.
It has only (already) been two weeks since we left and she seems so much more filled out than she did then. Amazing. And hurray for having such an savvy sister to have given you the boppy pillow--looks to be a real tool in her weening process. Whatever, whoever it takes to get her well and home. You never know what things will work and what won't for each of these babies, maybe you just found the very thing that will send her on her way.
May hordes of Angels continue to watch over her and her caretakers.
Love MOM/Grammy
PS With this wonderful news, I am shooting for the 21st of this month, now wouldn't that be the best gift you could think of? :)
Awww, she looks like a little Turtle!:) SOOO CUTE!
More like a little elephant...isn't that how the NICU nurses refer to the CPAP hose, as her elephant's trunk? I can't believe how big and alert she looks!! Can't wait to see that beautiful baby again in person!
Marian
How cute is that face!! She looks so alert and aware of the world! And I'm really glad you are feeling upbeat. It makes a difference.
Kathy Wimberly
I just want to pinch her little cheeks! So precious and adorable. Marie Grip
I have to agree with the previous poster that I just want to squeeze those cute cheeks! Hugs and prayers...Cathlynn
Post a Comment