Ok, so I finally got to talk to the NNP who told me something that made some sense. The reason they have not been weaning her all boils down to her dependency on lasix. Last time they tried to wean her she was on CPAP 7 and she started retaining fluid, needed a higher oxygen requirement and eventually had to be pushed back up to 8. And then the decided to put her back on lasix.
What they have been doing is putting her on a second diuretic (one that is safer for long term use) with the goal to eventually wean her off the lasix. She has been receiving both diuretics for over a week with the lasix every other day. Now they are actually halving the lasix every other day. I am not sure how long it takes to where she is no longer receiving lasix, I will check up on that. Once they are satisfied that she is weaned off of lasix and is not retaining fluid, they can begin weaning her on her pressure.
Sometimes her CPAP does not hold its full pressure and it slips down to 6 and she seems to handle it. I think she could be on CPAP of 6 no problem...just my uneducated opinion. Anyway, last night she weighed in at 6lbs. 15 oz. almost to the 7 lbs. mark! Nurse Jacqui came by for a visit yesterday and said she looked huge...last time she saw her was a week ago.
5 comments:
Dear T&C,
Alright--not only an outline, but a plan. Go Amelia -- show us you can do it. Grammy is praying for you, always.
Am hoping you have an excellent day.
Love MOM/Grammy
We are so excited to hear how much she has gained!! She seems to be holding on strong on CPAP. You guys are never far from our mind and prayers. Give Amelia tons of kisses from Nathan!
Sounds like a plan...I can just see her aiming her tiny foot at that lasix right now! Love to all, (((((((()))))) K/E
I just love the updates..God is so good and we are climbing the hill high! God bless and always praying. Heather Campos and Glen Ray~
Yahoo! she is huge. post more pix mama. I've been wanting to call you to chat LIVE, what has the internet done to all of us. :)
Post a Comment