They were able to get Amelia down as low as 58% yesterday on her fiO2, but she pretty much averaged 65% most of the day. We had a long visit with her. Todd and I took turns holding her. I took a load of laundry down to the laundry room and washed it while Todd held her. Her boppy cover was disgusting and since she uses it so much I wanted to have it cleaned right away instead of bringing it home.
Amelia slept a lot but toward the evening she was awake a bunch too. We sang to her and talked to her. We also played her ipod with children's tunes on it and a little bit of ABBA....Waterloo and Take a Chance on Me.
Todd and I gave her a bath. He stood on one side of the crib and I stood on the other side and we tag teamed her. He helped sit her up so I could wash her back and I was careful to get her neck and Todd got behind her ears, two places that really seem to collect dirt. She also has a bunch of mysterious fuzz that collects on her hands and feet, so I got rid of that. Washing her hair under the CPAP headgear was a bit of a challenge. Then I gave her a rubdown with baby lotion. She was awake the entire bath and she was staring intently at me with a little smile on her face. She was really loving bathtime, especially the lotion massage. We had music playing for her the entire time and I was kind of scrubbing her to the beat of the music. We all enjoyed ourselves. After that she fell into a deep sleep. It was very hard to leave her.
1 comment:
Dear T&C,
I know Amelia dearly loved all that time with mommy and daddy--I'll bet she especially enjoyed the massage. Just hope she also enjoys your choice of music. Ha.....she'll probably grow up and choose something entirely on the other end of the spectrum out of the heavy metal or gangsta rapp sounds........or maybe even a long zydeco tune. YeeHa. Bet her Uncle Ben could hook her up with a little of that. :)
So glad Jacqui still has time to oversee Amelia. She knows Amelia like no other. Seems unfair that she has been reassigned when she is still so very much needed, wanted and depended on by Amelia and the both of you. (And all of us who continually pray for her well being.) Thank you Jacqui--(and in my heart I know that is not why you do it--(to be thanked)), for loving Amelia as you do. I know you are not supposed to become attached to your charges, but you could not possibly be the caring nurse that you are without that happening. Extra blessing on you.
Can't wait until the regular crew comes on this morning and decides what the next moves for Amelia will be. She needs a plan; maybe just an outline for starters. Will wait to hear.
Love MOM/Grammy
Post a Comment