Friday, August 7, 2009

Even Steven

No new news. Still coasting along. I instructed Jacqui to grill the doctor at rounds to see what the plan is going to be. Dr. Lopez is keeping her where she is at for the next couple days. They usually don't do things over the weekend so probably no movement until Monday.

Nurse Patsy stopped by to check in on us, so that was a nice surprise. Todd and I both held her yesterday. I bought c cells but forgot to bring them to the hospital, so still no swing action.

Last night while she was being fed her OG tube got pulled up and so she started spitting up milk. And then once that was replaced, the valve on the OG tube was not closed so unbeknowst to me a bunch of her food was draining on my lap and not getting into her tummy. The baby kept high and dry, but I had to take off my shirt and use my zip up jacket as a top for the duration of our visit.

She weighs 6lbs 10 oz as of last night!

1 comment:

glenna said...

Dear C,
I know how comforting it is to have Jacqui back at the helm. Getting comfortable with a new set of nurses is not what you want to spend your time doing at this juncture of Amelia's care. It's not only unsetteling for Amelia, but for you as well.

And Mercy, she is over 6 1/2lbs now. How quickly development takes place during the first few months after (real time) birth. I imagine she will continue with her development pretty much on schedule from here on....

She has opened a special place in my heart for the world of Micropreemies that heretoforth I was oblivious to. I will never again think of a woman swollen with child without bringing back the memories of the NICU. Of all that is possible when we believe in the gift of life. With all the technology, the trials, infinite patience and vast experiences of the staff of Doctors and Nurses, being able to find just the right combination that suits each individual newborn is nothing short of miraculous. I am indeed thankful.

Give Amelia huggs from me, Love Grammy

Post a Comment