Yesterday Amelia weighed in at 7 lbs. 6 oz. She did well on her fiO2 requirement all day long, never going up above 55% Dr. Khan said as long as she is keeping on an even keel they are going to push her and lower her pressure. So I think she may get turned down to a pressure of 6 today. This will be real progress because it is a number she has never been to before. I hope she handles it well. I'll let you know for sure what they decide when they round at lunch time today.
Amelia had a visitor yesterday. Great Aunt Pat came by and got to hold her for about an hour! She did pretty well. Amelia is kind of tricky to hold. You have to get her in just the right position. Aunt Pat threw Amelia up over her shoulder and rocked her and she seemed to really enjoy that. Little Miss Priss was awake a lot yesterday...practically the entire afternoon and into the evening. She definitely fights going to sleep.
Some insight into her personality: we had positioned her on her tummy on the boppy pillow yesterday evening and she had tucked her arms under her chin and was laying on top of them. Todd didn't like that so he moved her arms out from under her chin. Well, she didn't like what he was doing and snatched her little hands away, lifted up her head and stuck her hands back under her chin. It was the funniest thing. The girl has a mind of her own for sure.
I think today the eye doctor is going to come around and look at her eyes. She is only being checked once every 2 weeks now because the ROP is regressing. But it still will be good to know how developed her eyes are...they are fully developed when the vessels have grown out to the end of Zone 3. Her vessels were at the beginning of Zone 3 at her last check up so hopefully they are fully developed now and ROP is no longer a possibility at all.
4 comments:
Wonderful progress and good news all the way around. She's getting there! Marie Grip
I'm so glad to read about Amelia's progress! it won't be long now until she is completely off of the CPAP machine.
Keep posting pictures! I love looking at pictures of my neice :)
Rebecca
Sounds like she has a bit of her mother's independent attitude. It's wonderful to hear how well she's doing. I know I don't comment often (or ever?), but I look forward to getting the daily update when I get home from work.
Also, I love the Cure reference. I'll have that song in my head all evening.
Not the Cure, Modern English!
Post a Comment