Thursday, August 6, 2009

Days Go By

Still no changes from the littlest princess. She is still on CPAP 8, fiO2 in the low 50s. Still not sure what the heck they are waiting on. At this rate, my fear that she will be driving us home when she is finally released from the NICU, may become a reality. Not really, but it feels like it.

I called this morning and we have Jacqui! Somehow she weaseled her way into being with Amelia again and I am so glad. She was holding her and playing with her, doing arm and leg exercises and in general giving her some cuddles and attention. I know she will work on weaning her fiO2. And I also told her I need to know what the "plan" is.

We just switched doctors again. We have Dr. Lopez again. So Jacqui will ask during rounds if they have a plan of action. It just seems like we have been holding steady and I am not sure if there is something they are looking for Amelia to achieve before they wean her on her pressure. Before satting well with 70% oxygen was OK by them and she had gotten down to 38% several days ago and nothing happened. I am very perplexed. Only thing different is a new doctor.

Yesterday I brought up Amelia's swing to put together and I did it fairly easily. However, I brought D cell batteries instead of C cell (she sells c cells by the seashore) so unless someone wants to rock the swing by hand, she isn't going to get to use it today.

She only gained 10 kg last night, so she weighs pretty much the same as yesterday. On days like this when nothing much changes and I can feel the frustration creeping in I just keep this mantra in mind "She's breathing on her own. She is not on the vent." I am saying it quite frequently these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment