Saturday, August 8, 2009

More of the Same

She weighed 6 lbs. almost 12 oz. last night. She is definitely getting bigger as you can see from those chubby cheeks. However, her fiO2 is up to 75%. Yesterday when I put my hand on her back I could feel something rattling around. She hasn't sounded that way in a while, so maybe this has something to do with her extra oxygen requirement.

I finally put the batteries in her swing and she seems to like it. She wasn't in it very long yesterday because she started to desat while she was in it -- she started coughing...we think maybe some water that collects in the nose piece dumped in the back of her throat. Then she pulled out her OG tube again. We called about 10:00 last night and she had pulled it out yet again. Her little hands are busy creating havoc!

She has had the same nurse two days in a row which usually pleases me, but I am not impressed with this nurse at all. She acts like she is Amelia's mother and not me. Most nurses let the mother interact with the baby as much as they want, but I felt like she was blocking me the entire time by not giving me room and space to maneuver or get near Amelia. It was really annoying. And then she went and put a gown on and held her while I stood by and watched. She finally offered to let me hold her. Thanks.

I held her for about an hour when Amelia pulled her tube out, she was ready for the next feed, and she had a horribly stinky diaper so I had to put her back. I don't think the nurse was going to let me change her but I took over and didn't give her a chance. She offered half way through to do it. I told the nurse I had been there 4 months and knew how to change her diaper just fine without assistance.

Yesterday was not a fun visit. Todd has been feeling ill this week with his sinuses acting up again. Hopefully he will be feeling better and can go up to visit the baby. I think I ned him with me while I visit so he can calm me down. Everything everyone is doing right now is annoying me!

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Hey Christina, sorry to hear about your recent nursing experience,can I do anything? Maybe tactfully remind the nurse to give you space? If its an issue again let me know. I can put a note on her records so that the nurses know that you will do her care when you are there. You know what she needs more than any body else. Only you and Daddy are there every day, sometimes the nurses need to be reminded of that. Hate to hear that she is up again on her FIO2. Give her a little CPT by patting her on her back(not hard but firmly)for several minutes. You might want to try to fasten her OG tube in her headgear, it keeps it a little more out of her reach, like it is in her previous pictures. Give her a big kiss for me. Please know that you can call me anytime and if there is something that I can do to help, I gladly will. I will be checking on you guys, so I will be around keeping an eye out for her.

Post a Comment