Let us be glad and rejoice in it! Amelia moves to cannula today, so my spirits are lifting. Hopefully, this is the attempt that sticks. She will be moved to cannula once the doctor rounds which can be any time between 9:00-12:00.
Nothing really to report...she weighed 10 lbs 11 oz. again last night. They switched her to 20 calorie formula so maybe her weight will level out a bit. Apparently I played with her so much that when Todd got there in the evening she was zonked nearly the entire time.
We played with her piano and listened to songs while I held and rocked her. I gave her about a thousand kisses on the fat part of her neck/chin/waddle. She closes her eyes and gets a cute smile on her face. Then I kiss her hands and she gets wide eyed, but still smiling. Then she starts extending her arms out so that I can kiss them. She also enjoys being talked to...she gets fussy when she is awake and not the center of attention. She doesn't like it when people are standing near her and talking to each other and not to her.
Todd got some D cell batteries so now we can get her mobile fully operational again. She must be bored without it!
UPDATE: No cannula for Amelia today. Maybe tomorrow. Unbeknownst to me or Todd, she had gone up to 47% at some point last night and so they called it off for today. Maybe tomorrow.
1 comment:
This is wonderful news. I have missed her so..but I'm almost over this "stuff" so GDad and GMa might get to see her this week. We are all thinking positive thoughts and saying our prayers for this to work! I can't wait to see smiles! (from her, but from you both!)
Post a Comment