Amelia weighs 11 lbs. 1 oz. She is still on nasal cannula. Her nurse was able to get her down around 55% last night. This is much better than 65% she was on yesterday and will buy her another day on cannula. As of today she has matched her record of 6 days last time she was on the cannula.
Amelia did nothing but sleep, sleep, sleep yesterday. We we weren't sure if it was because she was awake a lot the night before, whether she was exerting more effort to breathe, or whether she was cold. She seemed a bit lethargic to me. Because of my concerns, they did a screen on her to see if she had any infections and it came back negative. Her temperature was 96.6 yesterday afternoon, so they wrapped her up burrito style in 2 blankets, she had socks and a hat on, and then they put a warmed blanket on both of us while I held her. She finally came up a whole degree and started satting better and that is when the nurse was able to wean her down to 55%.
I worked with her on her pacifier skills and she was sucking and smacking on her paci for about half an hour last night. I hope this translates into something good when the OT lady comes around. I am tired of hearing negative news about her eating skills.
Mom and I have been working on her Halloween costume. We bought all the supplies the other day and now we have to put it all together. I can't wait to take pictures of her when we dress her up on the big day!
4 comments:
We are glad to hear some good news, and I am glad you are having fun with your mom. Love, Bridget
So happy that Amelia's hanging in with the cannula. We hope and pray that there is more "glitter" soon! Marie Grip
A half an hour is much better than the 5 minutes from before! If she's got any Cannon blood in her, she'll be munching away like a pro in no time.
It's absolutely amazing to see the transformation this little angel has undergone. She's positively pudgy & she's just so beautiful!! I am praying for you 3 & thinking of you all the time. I know you are experiencing some seriously stressful things right now. You have a huge support network of people out here who are buoying you up with happy thoughts. I will be be praying in particular about the eye test & the g-tube situations & hope that both of these prove to be fine. We love you & we hold you in our hearts! Jessica
Post a Comment