Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Second Time's the Charm

I know the saying is third time's the charm, but Amelia doesn't know this. Dr. Nawab told me yesterday if she continues to sat in the 30s she will be put back on nasal cannula tomorrow.

She weighed 10 lbs. 11 oz. last night. Her length is now 21 3/4 inches.

PT came by yesterday and told me she is doing great. Her head control is pretty good. She is moving her arms and legs a lot more. She is engaging her abdominal muscles. She still isn't doing the side to tummy thing without a lot of coaxing.

I have noticed that she is crossing her eyes a lot lately. They are going to have Dr. Hittner come in and look at her to make sure she is OK. It is probably because she has the CPAP in the middle of her face, but it seems to be going on a lot more lately than it used to, so I want to be sure she doesn't have a lazy eye or something. (This is what happens when we are in a holding pattern and nothing much is going on...I find new things to worry about).

She seems to like her kick piano. Todd thinks she likes the feel of it on her feet...though she doesn't kick hard enough to activate the noise. Mostly I play it so she has some songs to listen to while I play with her. I tried her in her swing yesterday but gave up after about 15 minutes. I don't want to do anything that makes her desat because I want her to be ready to go on cannula on Wednesday!

Please, pretty please, let this be the last time she is on CPAP. We think coming home by Halloween might be a bit unrealistic, but now we are hoping for Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

glenna said...

Dear C&T,
Amelia has now matured to our family standard. I was born weighing in at 10lb 8oz and nearly 22 inches long. All of my babies were between 9/0 and 10/10, varying in length from 20 3/4 to 23 1/2. So missy prissy's stats are right in line with those of her aunts and uncle. So no more worrying about her being vertically challenged.

I'm betting that the CPAP tubing running up over the top of her head is her latest cause of interest, therefore causing her to appear cross-eyed. She is just trying to focus on something that is so close in her line of vision and it just won't ever look clear. You'll know soon enough, especially when they put her back on NC. She should stop that as soon as she no longer has it to focus on.

Some might think Halloween to be unrealistic, however, we know all things are possible with prayer. I will be praying extra hard for Miss Amelia to start those giant steps. Love MOM/Grammy

Anonymous said...

Dr.GMa thinks she looks at people over the tube so much and it makes it difficult(and a habit) for her to get the eyes straight. ( But that's why I'm not a doctor!) I'm excited about the good news. I hope to see her soon after this "bug" flies away from me. What Halloween costume can she wear? How about that scary Notre Dame suit? (sorry) Hugs to all! GMa.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Grammies, I think it's just from her looking at that tube for so long. She seems to be a very alert little booger, always looking around at everything, so it makes sense for her to always try to focus on something.

Go, Amelia! Kick that CPAP to the curb, honey! As always, our thoughts and prayers are with you and the whole family ((((((((((()))))))) Kay

Anonymous said...

Miss Amelia, we are all praying that Halloween is your "homecoming day".....but if you choose Thanksgiving, that will be fine also. Please know that many people are keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.
Vickie Cross
(Kathy Wimberly's mom)

Anonymous said...

We know how eager you are to take sweet Amelia home, but what a Thanksgiving that would be!!! I feel you have some really wonderful holidays to look forward to this year! We'll keep up the prayers. Marie Grip

Post a Comment