Today is Day 200 of being in the NICU. Amelia weighs 11 lbs. 6 oz! Her length is 22 & 1/2 inches.
We are still waiting on our neurology consult, so that is really annoying. We had an annoying nurse on Saturday who pushed her up to 100% oxygen because Amelia had inhaled some of the water in her tubing, but then forgot to turn her back down for about 20 minutes (the nurse actually never remembered, so I had to go turn her down myself because the nurse seemed too distracted with another baby to pay much attention to Amelia -- I am sure if someone catches me doing this one day I will be asked to leave).
Amelia has been satting in the 45 to 55% range which is really good. A few days ago she was in the 55-65% range, so she seems to be requiring less oxygen. They still have not adjusted her liter flow. Jacqui says they would rather her be very comfortable and cruising along on 3 LPM so she can get the hang of feeding from a bottle and begin mastering that. If they wean her liter flow and she is adjusting to that in addition to bottle feeds, it might be counterproductive in both areas -- breathing and feeding.
I have been putting her on her play mat on her tummy to help strengthen her neck skills. She is really doing great at this (though I think she gets a bit tired and usually falls alseep on her mat). I can sit her up and she can hold her head up unassisted.
She does get tired after a little bit and her head begins to bobble, but she can almost do it on her own. Also, I used her boppy as a chair and sat her in the middle of it and she sits up by herself. I think I am going to bring her bumbo seat (in pink of course!) for her to try out today. They have been putting her in a high chair that reclines very far back just to give her some "sitting up" skills, but I don't think she needs the recline. She seems to be doing pretty good sitting up straight.
Mom and I have been working on Amelia's Halloween costume. We did a dress rehersal yesterday to make sure her costume fit and she looks super precious. I can't wait for you all to see what she is going to be for Halloween!
3 comments:
Dear Amelia,
It's my last day here, and yesterday I was with you for the last time until I can find a way to return again. Grammy has been busy keeping mommy focused and busy. I have finished your Halloween costume (that mommy decided on and put together)just this morning and I have had a roaring good time with it. What fun it will be for you--wish you had been able to be home for halloween, but now we are hoping for Thanksgiving. I promise I won't let her dress you up as a Turkey for that one.
Keep working hard--you have had a very good week--Love Grammy
PS---OK Gmom--time to get it in gear so you can take over from here.
You've been messing with her O2? Maybe you were meant to be a nurse! :)
I can't wait to see what her Halloween costume is. I hope it's something like a bumblebee. Kinda like this: http://www.tvdance.com/shop/halloween-costumes/_images/12119.jpg
I'm so glad to hear that she's doing so well!
Rebecca
WOW, sitting?! That is so awesome! I just can't wait to see her halloween costume!
Post a Comment