Since Wednesday, Little AE has been relatively stable. Her FI02 needs remain in the 55-60%, though yesterday morning she was all the way down to 48%. In fact, at one point during the afternoon, she was satting high and the nurser noticed she only had one prong in her nose! (AE has a tendency to wriggle a bit, and it invariably moves her prongs about and out... it's a common occurence when laying on her belly.)
Last night she started struggling in the last half hour before the shift change and continued to right afterwards. She was suctioned and moved around to find a good position, but she was breathing hard and her Fi02 went up to 80%. Xina and I saw CPAP on the near horizon. I decided to take a flyer and checked out her cannula prongs since they had actually got out some thicker stuff from her throat and nostrils during suction, which helped; and they (the prongs)were clogged pretty good. In fact, one was almost closed, and the other was about half open. Once I got that stuff out, she started bouncing back, albeit slowly. By the time I left last night, she was down to 62%, feeling fine and not breathing hard. She remained in that arena for the rest of the night. Just goes to show you that even the simplest things can cause her a little distress right now, and that she doesn't have a lot of reserve yet to overcome some of those "moments".
But all in all, she's doing well and looking lovely. Today we should get the results from her eye exam. Knock on wood.
2 comments:
You two are getting to be great detectives! Glad to hear Lil Miss Wiggle Worm is doing well.
I just flipped back to April & I cannot believe how far she's come! she's such a beauty (like her mama). I can't wait to see you again! I hope she gets to go home soon & sleep in her own nursery. Love to you all! Jessica
Post a Comment