We now have firm dates on when we will be going home...it will be March 3rd. Todd and I will do Care By Parent on Monday and Tuesday and will come home with her on Wednesday.
We have been giving her her meds while we are there with her. I seem to keep forgetting to put the cap on the end of the syringe before giving her the med that is a crush tablet in some water. Most things we give her stay in and have to be pushed out, but not that one. I have let it dribble out two days in a row.
Todd and I have both watched the CPR video. We have decided what kind of equipment we want to have her come home with (apnea and pulsox monitors), arranged for training with home health on the equipment, starting to say goodbye to some of the nurses and doctors. We are checking off all our boxes on our to-do list.
She did put on 250 grams of weight over a few days and that is worrisome, but she has had great urine output the last couple of days and they are going to weigh her again tonight to see if she has gotten rid of some of the fluid. She has not required any additional oxygen.
She has been doing great and is very smiley and playful. She has her busy schedule of physical, occupational and speech therapies. Speech said they heard her start to make gurggling sounds which is the precursor to babbling...they had not heard her doing that the other day when they did her assessment, so they feel like she is making forward progress.
Today I was playing with her and doing this thing where I move her shoulders from side to side while I make a train sound and then bounce her on her bottom to make the train whistle "whew, whew..." and she thought that was LOL funny.
She is sucking on her two middle fingers big time and has them in her mouth all the way up to her knuckles chewing on them. It is very cute...I can't help but think a tooth is coming in, but maybe she just likes the flavor of her fingers!
This weekend is dedicated to doing some last minute cleaning and perparing for Amelia to come home. I know cleaning out the refridgerator and making space for all her meds is on the agenda.
We also need to start bringing some of her things home. She is going to need three steamer trunks. The girl has quite a wardrobe and tons of accessories!
7 comments:
Soooooooo exciting! But I know there will be some nurses that are going to miss little Amelia. I think March 3rd sounds like a wonderful date to bring your miracle home ! So happy for all of you.
Vickie Cross
We are so happy for you guys! Glad Amelia is having so much fun as her final days in the NICU come to a close. Hooray!
SO EXCITED...
Great news for all of you, she has come along way! Congrats on a day you have been waiting for for a long time! God Bless you all. Kim Lagunas
Hope Care by Parent is going well! Very happy,, exciting times! Marie Grip
Dear Sweet Amelia,
Happy 11th month birthday. Will be in shortly to see you. Enjoy Mommy and Daddy being with you today. Love Grammy
11 months today! Happy birthday, Amelia. Marie Grip
Post a Comment