Monday, February 22, 2010

Final Days

Just a quick update to let everyone know we are still on track for March 1st homecoming. Amelia's liter flow is between 3/4 to 1 liter! We will start Care by Parent (24 hour care of her by ourselves in a Ronald McDonald House room down the hall) this weekend. We will have to board the dogs and before we can do that I have to get their shots up to date, but I have a project due the same day she is supposed to come home so everything gets put in a holding pattern. I am feeling a wee bit stressed out!

I was supposed to go watch the CPR video but have been told we aren't supposed to wander around right now because something crazy is going on down the hall. Uh oh. Who needs All My Children when you live at the NICU?

We have so many things to do before she gets sprung from here. Todd and I have been cleaning out her closets, arranging her room, cleaning out our bedroom of all her things...in general making things as nice, tidy and uncluttered as possible. I want everything to be organized before she comes home and the chaos of life with a high needs baby begins. I haven't even thought about the fact that we need to get diapers and baby food.

Still trying to not get too excited in case things fall through but it is very hard not to.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just stay calm and don't get too excited.....WE WILL ALL BE EXCITED FOR YOU !! I am very happy for all of you. Know that our prayers will remain with you and baby Amelia when she goes home, and please keep us all up to date on how she is doing. Life will be chaotic for a while, but gosh what a blessing to be at this point and about to go home! : )
Vickie Cross

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

I knew you guys could do it! I am very excited for you all. You should be proud.

Anonymous said...

Thank you God for answering all of our prayers for almost a year now. I sure you will do fantastic once you all get settled. Remember to take a deep breath and enjoy each and every minute with that beautiful little girl. You can keep the house tidy in about 18 years when she leaves to go to college!

Anonymous said...

The fun is just beginning! What a wonderful adventure you are about to start in earnest (not that this past 11 months hasn't been exciting!) ;)
Prayers that this is really IT! Marie Grip

Jenny V said...

Finally the castle will have it's princess. I'm very glad and happy Amelia is coming home, it's such a blessing.

Post a Comment