Today Amelia is going to get her first glimpse outside the pod. Nurse Amy and Child Life with Dr. Khan's approval have arranged for her to get into a wagon and be pulled all throughout the NICU. She cannot go out into any of the pods but she can roam the hallways. I will be sure to put up some pictures this afternoon so you can see if she enjoyed her first taste of freedom!
If it had been last week I could have decorated it like a Mardi Gras float and had her hand out beads and coins, but maybe now it can be a western wagon since it is coming up on rodeo time here in Houston.
She is at 1 3/4 liters as of last night and seems to be handling it well. This morning when I called she was inher jumparoo and seemed to be making it jump a little bit. Baby steps.
She is still not as dried out as they would like her to be. Dr. Khan thinks she needs the Os more than the flow, so he is confident that if we can just get rid of the rest of her excess fluid she'll be down to 1 liter in no time.
If it had been last week I could have decorated it like a Mardi Gras float and had her hand out beads and coins, but maybe now it can be a western wagon since it is coming up on rodeo time here in Houston.
She is at 1 3/4 liters as of last night and seems to be handling it well. This morning when I called she was inher jumparoo and seemed to be making it jump a little bit. Baby steps.
She is still not as dried out as they would like her to be. Dr. Khan thinks she needs the Os more than the flow, so he is confident that if we can just get rid of the rest of her excess fluid she'll be down to 1 liter in no time.
5 comments:
My tears are flowing as I read the news! I hope it's a successful trip. You can still decorate the wagon, for rodeo. Tomorrow is western day at my school, and rodeo is in the air! GMOM
How EXCITING! That is going to be quite a ride. Don't forget her princess wand so she can wave it around to her subjects.
Dear Amelia,
This is indeed a BIG day for you! Can't wait for the pictures.....GMom needs to find a rodeo costume and pink boots for rodeo week. I don't think I can find those things here, though cousin Addie does have some pink boots, just not Cowgirl Boots for our Pincess of the Pod.
Sit back, enjoy the ride.......you're about to experience a whole new side of your little world. Everyone will come into the hallways to see you, I just bet. Not many children get to do what you're about to do. Thank you Dr. Khan and staff. Love to you, Grammy.
Amelia is taking her show on the road!!! How fun and exciting for all of you. Enjoy yourself, Amelia! Marie Grip
So exciting !!! Just bring a smile to my face ! Have a great ride baby Amelia.
Vickie Cross
Post a Comment