Happy, happy, joy, joy!
Her smile makes it all worthwhile.
She had a great weekend and has been doing very well. She is back on cannula and has stayed low on her oxygen requirement even though they are back up to full feeds. She is getting fed every three hours just to make sure she is getting less volume at a time but they will eventually move her back to more food being fed every four hours.
The Nurse Practioner told me the plan is to begin weaning her liter flow probably on Monday! She will have to stay on an accepatable liter flow for 2 weeks before they will let her go home. This is the last box left to check off on our to do list. The end is nigh, I can feel it. I am really hoping for a before Christmas miracle, so we can bring her home in time for the holidays.
Today we posed for pictures to put in our Christmas cards. I brought in a backdrop and we dressed up in coordinating Christmas outfits. Nurse Patsy took our pictures and did photo direction duties while Nurse Preetha make clucking noises and called out Amelia's name to get her to look at the camera. None of us are professionals but between the three of us we got some cute shots.
5 comments:
She is so gorgeous, chubby and happy. Great, great news...she can see that finish line, for sure. Plenty of time to check that last box before Christmas! Marie Grip
Dear C&T,
What a happy baby! I see the Christmas plaid dress with the little white pearls Aunt Marian smocked for Amelia for Christmas laying beside her. I can't wait to see her wearing it. We are patiently awaiting those first Christmas photos of yourselves as a family. Don't let us wait too long. Love MOM/Grammy
Thank you for the adorable pictures and great news! Can't wait to see the family photo :)
Wow she has grown soooo much since last time I saw her. She is adorable and I think she looks more like Cristina. She also has her same hair color.. soooo cute!!!
Awwww.....I see that Christmas miracle in that sweet smile. These new pictures just make you smile ! Our God is an awesome God, and he has surely blessed sweet baby Amelia and her family.
Vickie Cross
Post a Comment