Amelia made it on to cannula yesterday afternoon and she is currently at 30% oxygen. If she stays at that number, I am hoping they will start trying to wean her liter flow. They probably want to give her through the weekend before they try. She is still being fed through her IV. She will start formula through her g-tube tomorrow. I am hoping once she gets food in her tummy she will still be able to satt as well as she has been and will be able to stay low on her oxygen requirement.
Uncle Kevin and Aunt Joelle came by for a visit yesterday. She had been awake for about 8 hours before they came to visit, so she was getting pretty fussy and fighting sleep when they got there.
Amelia definitely has a tooth coming in on the top! I have some pacifier teethers that I gave her to chomp on yesterday and she liked them and didn't gag on them at all.
I called this morning and her IV was red like maybe some of her fluid leaked out so they took the IV out of her head and put it in her hand. Now we can wash her hair. It is pretty gunked up. Aunt Marian made her a beautiful plaid Christmas dress and I want to get it on her soon so we can take pictures and send them to everyone!
Todd took some pictures yesterday. I will try to get them up later.
3 comments:
Wonderful news! Way to go, Amelia - keep up the good work and you will be going home with Mom and Dad before you know it. Marie Grip
Dear C&T,
Our thoughts were with you all day on Thanksgiving; we missed you dearly, but fully understand not being able to be in both places at once. I know the Banker's gathered round and and appreciated their blessings as well.
Once our dinner started, the blessing recited, your dad made a toast, said how thankful we were for being blessed with the houseful of guests at our table and the reasonable good health of all those in attendance. I made a special request for all of us to say an additional prayer for Amelia, that she would continue to speed through this recovery period. I never imagined our prayers to have been answered so quickly.
I know how happy and pleased you both are to have this go so well. Here's hoping that Amelia continues to improve and that she is the gift we share for Christmas. Her homecoming is long overdue and much awaited by us all.
Love, MOM/Grammy
Dear Amelia,
See if you can hold off on cutting that tooth until Daddy and Mommy can get you home. Love Grammy
Post a Comment