Yesterday Amelia had an EEG test. She had 25 probe thingees on her head, but first they had to mark the spot for placement with a grease pencil while I held on to her cheeks to keep her head still. She was really, really mad about the situation. Then they wrapped her entire head and under her chin with gauze. She looked like a head trauma patient/mummy. The rest of her body was covered with blankets so all you could see was this little bandaged head sticking out of the blankets.
Allegedly, we will be getting test results today. I'll believe it when I see it. This test is to see if she is having any seizure activity which is causing her nystagmus. Also, they flashed strobe lights in her eyes to try to induce a seizure. I am pretty confident this test is going to be coming back negative.
Today she gets a swallow test to make sure that the liquid she is swallowing is actually going down into her esophogus and not into her lungs. This will confirm or deny the whole vocal chord paralysis thing that they have been speculating on for months. New month, new doctor. She is concerned with the cup feeds that Amelia may aspirate.
The swallow test is done by radiology so she will have to be transported away from the pod to do the test. They transport the baby in a small clear isolette. The box is so little and she looks like a giant inside of it, kind of like a clown in a clown car.
So far Amelia has been passing all her tests, so I am hoping this one will be no exception.
1 comment:
We will pray for good results! Love, Bridget
Post a Comment