No use crying over spilt milk. I am pretty sure Pediasure is supposed to be applied internally. Maybe the devil made her do it, but we were about to take care of that later with some Holy Water.
Saturday, Amelia and her baby cousin Clara were baptised. We got up on Saturday and bathed Amelia and brought her over to my parents' house to visit before we headed up to Saint Cecilia's in Mt. Vernon later that afternoon.
I put on her feeding pump and laid her down on a blanket with toys to eat and walked out to the kitchen. A few minutes later my brother Berry called out for me with a really panicked voice. Amelia had disconnected her g-tube while the pump was running and was waving it all over her face. When we rushed out to go get her she had little dots and droplets of Pediasure all over her face and she didn't seem to care one bit. A lot of it had pooled near her mouth and she was licking it and eating it. She didn't choke or gag -- so a little bit of unintentional feeding therapy was had.
I was only irritated that she had been bathed for her baptism and I wasn't going to do it again, so I took her dress off and put on her outfit from the day before and toweled off her face. Good as new!
No comments:
Post a Comment