Amelia had her first taste of rice cereal today and she loved it. We mixed it with 15 mL of formula and she ate it off the spoon. Then we gave her another 10 mL of formula that we squirted in the side of her mouth with a syringe. She did really well and wasn't nearly as cranky as she has been during bottle feeds and cup feeds.
They weaned her liter flow from 3 liters to 2.5. She totally took it in stride. Her oxygen requirement did not go up at all, nor did her breathing rate. I think she should wean easily to 2 liters. I am not sure how often they plan to wean her. I know they want to keep her oxygen requirement to under 60%.
PT came in and gave her an assessment. She will review the results with me tomorrow. I notcied that she can do a lot more things than she could a month or so ago when she had her first assessment. She is even starting to put a little pressure on her feet when you stand her up. She has great head control, she can sit pretty well in her bumbo and very well in her high chair. She still can't roll over but I think it is because her crib was so small, she has so many wires and she is rarely put on her side -- and when she is, they put a roll behind her so that she will stay in position. In other words, she hasn't been given much opportunity.
Today they moved her into a bigger bed, which hopefully will give her more room to stretch out and be more active. It has more space under the bed which is good, because it looks like a jumble sale under there most of the time.
Amelia continues to bust out with wide grins and smiles. I put her up in her high chair this morning just for her to be up and looking around. We played with the new monkey rattle Miss Bridget gave her. She was swatting and batting at it. We talked and sang and played. Just another day in the neighborhood.
7 comments:
This is great, Christina! It won't be long now...and you'll have your baby home with you. Lots of kisses to Amelia! -RLC
Gdad and I send our love to all. We have not made it to MHNIC for a few days and I miss seeing all the new things. How wonderful the progress seems to be and can't wait to see it happen! We all are blessed....to have Amelia in our lives! HE is probably looking down on Amelia and saying "THIS IS GOOD!" Hugs and kisses, GMa
Way to go Amelia! Hope you are close to getting out the door.
Everything sounds so great! I can't believe how much Amelia has grown and all that dark hair! Way to go Christina and Todd for being such mindful and persistent parents! You guys have done a great job making sure Amelia is well cared for!
Love,
annie
All sounding good! Such great news. Marie Grip
way to go Amelia! and Mommy & Daddy too!!
Christmas in her own purple room sounds fabulous.
love, Barocos
The word purple sounds a little harsh. I think of Mardi Gras purple whenever that color comes to mind. Her room is actually a soft lavender with white beadboard and trim. A color a little more in line with the Sweet Amelia who will one day inhabit it.
Post a Comment