Saturday, December 5, 2009

Away We Go

I walked in and they were rounding on Amelia. She has been at 1.5 liters of oxygen since 9:00 this morning and she is at 55% oxygen. As the doctor pointed out, because the flow is lower, she is actually getting the same amount she was getting at 2 liters and a lower oxygen setting.

The doctor was starting to talk about things like what kind of monitor we wanted to use when we get home. The nurse is teaching me how to take care of her g-tube site and is talking about how to administer meds and everything. She wants to make sure I am preparing now instead of the last few days before she goes home so I will be comfortable with it. This is it. The end of our NICU stay really is near.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have chills reading your latest posts! I am SOOO excited for you guys and so proud of you too. You and Todd are such special and remarkable parents, and you've got a daughter that takes after you both!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh ! I am so excited for all of you ! Miss Amelia, you and your family will always remain in our prayers as you reach that point of going home and beyond.
Vickie Cross

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo!!! Marie Grip

Kathy said...

You brought tears to my eyes! Keep it up, Amelia!

Anonymous said...

This is so fantastic and I am ecstatic. Go Amelia!!! -rlc

catvault said...

Its like the climactic part in a novel.....YAY for you Amelia!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Love, Bridget

Post a Comment