Amelia was moved down to 2 liters yesterday and she is still doing great at 40% oxygen! I am hoping when they wean her tomorrow they will put her on 100% oxygen at 1.5 liters. If she can do that for 2 weeks, I think they will let her go home. They can mix the oxygen to different percentages in the hospital but we will only be able to give her 100%.
Dr. Khan came in and checked on her yesterday and I reiterated all the information I was given by the attending doctor and he said he was going to go light some fires...he wants Amelia out of there ASAP.
I found out that our new insurance only covers 20 OT, PT and ST sessions per year. She is currently getting 3 times a week. That is like 1 session every other week. We will also probably be able to get ECI based on her developmental delays.
I want Amelia to have the best chance of achieving normal functionality, so if I have to check out a library book on how to do the sessions myself, that is what I will do!
I did talk to her physical therapist yesterday and she showed me some kind of developmental milestones chart with very specific acheivements on it. Amelia is on target or slightly ahead of schedule on many of her milestones. However, she is behind on a couple too. She is still having trouble putting weight on her feet in a standing position. Also when you put her on her tummy she doesn't bring her head up or push up on her hands. She just wants to lay down and take a nap.
1 comment:
I'm with Amelia on the taking a nap part! ;)
Wonderful, exciting news all the way around. I think I know Amelia's current theme song; "I'll be Home for Christmas!" Marie Grip
'
Post a Comment