Tuesday, January 26, 2010

So close we can smell it

I called this morning and Amelia is with Nurse Amy. She has her up in her high chair and she is playing and smacking her hands on her tray. She loves to sit up and see what is going on...and it gives her more opportunity to catch the eye of passersby and have a conversation with them. She was down to 21% room air for a little bit this morning, but mostly at 25% oxygen. She is still at 3 LPM, but Dr. Khan talked to Todd last night and said his plan is to wean by a 1/4 in the morning and if she is handling it, another 1/4 in the afternoon. So I am hoping we will be down to 2 3/4 this morning when I arrive.

I think she is going to have PT today. She had music therapy yesterday, but she came by pretty late in the afternoon and Amelia was getting sleepy. I will be able to resume oral feeds with apple sauce and peaches tomorrow.

Amelia's hair is starting to get out of control. Amy put some lube in it to try to make is lay down. This oughta be interesting! Do they make hair gel for babies? It seems like it would be a very small market that would need such a thing.

5 comments:

Jenny V said...

Glad to see Amelia is making great progress!you can use flax seed gel, it's natural. I bet you can find some at Whole Foods or some similar store where they sell natural or organic stuff.

Anonymous said...

Don't you touch that hair! It is just right the way it is. Some curls appear and a slight tweeking would only be needed! Put a bow in it! I'm for the natural look! Love and hugs,GMom

Anonymous said...

Pictures please! I want to see this wild hair before you do something drastic and unnatural to it! rlc

G said...

Speaking from experience, sometimes I use a little bit of lotion on my hair to tame the frizzies. Maybe some baby lotion would preserve that natural look while controlling the unrulies. Also, everyone loves a scalp massage!

Anonymous said...

So nice to know that sweet Amelia's only problem today is her beautiful curly hair! : )
Things sound really good on your end. Still in our prayers.
Vickie Cross

Post a Comment