We had another successful day with the sippy cup. I am going to start measuring the amount I put in so I can tell much she has consumed. I sat on a yoga ball and cradled her in my arms, rocked her and put it in her mouth like a bottle. She kept it in her mouth for several minutes and was able to suck and swallow quite a bit of thickened Pediasure. I am excited that I may be able to build on this. If we are able to do it consistently, I am going to discuss with her OT the possibility of reducing her calories that we feed her through the pump. I think this will make her hungrier and more willing to eat from the cup. I have not tried food on a spoon yet today, but I will during her afternoon feed.
We had visual therapy today and we discussed the possibility of discontinuing the therapy. It seems to me that if she does have an impairment, it is not an obvious one and it is not hampering her development. I have a feeling that her vision problems will become more apparent when she is starting to learn to read and we can revisit vision therapy at that time. I never feel like we are targeting or working towards anything specific when we meet with vision therapy, so I am not sure how much she is benefiting from it right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment