Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Standing Ovation

Amelia has begun to bear weight on her feet. I think the stander has really helped her do this. Today she had physical therapy and from a sitting position I put my thumbs on her upper thighs below the buttocks with my hands wrapped around to the front of her legs and assisted her into a standing position. She leaned on an ottoman, but her legs were straight and she was bearing weight! It only lasted for a few seconds and then I lowered her back down into a sitting position on a stool. We did this about five or six times. She looked so proud of herself!

Unfortunately Todd wrote too soon when he said her sniffles were gone. She has a pretty bad cold with lots of congestion right now. I am suctioning her out constantly. She slept a lot yesterday and even though she got up from a 2 hour nap, she is rubbing her eyes again.

Tomorrow I have someone coming in to teach me infant massage. They wanted me to use cold pressed olive oil on her! Good grief. I think EVOO is going to have to be good enough. You'd think I was in California not Houston with that kind of talk!

From Thursday to Tuesday Grammy, Aunt Catherine and her two kiddoes, Thomas and Addie were in town for a visit. It was action packed around the house and Amelia enjoyed watching and playing with her little cousins very much. We went back to the park, went over to Aunt Pat's, and visited with Billy and Sylvia! It was good family time and we enjoyed everyone's company!

No comments:

Post a Comment