Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!

We had fun handing out candy last night on the front porch. Todd and I dressed up in 50s outfits to match Amelia and even had some 50s tunes piping out on speakers through the front windows. Todd's parents and my cousin sat on the porch with us for a while.

Amelia had a great time seeing all the kids, but she started to fade pretty fast a little before 8:00. She had only taken a 20 minute nap that day and she was TIRED.

The little neighbor boy came by with his parents. We always wave when we see him next door. They told us what his name was a long time ago. He is 13 months old and we have been calling him Andrew. We found out last night his name is Matthew! Ooops. His parents wanted to get a picture of him with Amelia and when they sat him down beside us in the chair he freaked out. Hey, my costume wasn't scary at all!

Amelia was doing her best to console him. I was afraid she was going to start crying too, because that is usually her reaction when she hears a lot of loud crying and screaming from other kids. But she held it together.

I think it went well overall. Hopefully next year she will be able to walk up to front doors and say trick-or-treat!


She looks like she is ready for her Bye Bye Birdie audition! "I love you Conrad, oh yes I dooooooo...."


Handing out candy on the front porch.


Mommy and Daddy get in on the act.


Asta cooperated by wearing the winged glasses. Amelia wouldn't leave them on for even a second.


Little Andrew, er I mean Matthew, please don't cry. It will be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment