Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dewberry Farms Forever

We have been trying to keep her away from germy kids during RSV season, but I had bought two discount tickets to go to Dewberry Farms a couple months back and couldn't bear not to use them. We stayed several hours and I think she had a lot of fun. We washed our hands a lot with touching animals anll kinds of dirty surfaces just to be safe. Todd and I were wiped and thought she'd nap in the car on the way home, but she stayed awake the entire time. And she still hasn't gone to sleep. She is a party animal.


Swinging on the swing.



On the hay ride we learned to absolutely NEVER buy unpasteurized honey (wasn't real clear on why). We learned that pasteurization occurs at 212 degrees farenheit. We learned the importance of the bee for plant life and then in non-bee news, we learned there is a Christmas tree that is hypoallergenic (and that it is self-pollinating, so no bees necessary) and for sale after December 1st.


Petting the bunny! There were also donkeys, chickens and baby pigs to see.



Looking at the ducks and resting on this pile of hay.


Taking a crazy car ride pulled by a tractor.

Sliding with Daddy on a giant slide!

Weeeeeeeeeeee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea and I'm thrilled she was so happy doing all of it. Be careful Dad about that slide. I think you were more surprised than she was. Love and Hugs,GMom

Post a Comment